One-day class, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Course Background: This one-day briefing/workshop is designed to highlight a number of challenges faced by Federal EEO Professionals as they assist managers and supervisors in achieving “model” EEO program status. Whether the primary focus of your responsibility is complaints management, affirmative employment, diversity and inclusion or special emphasis, the topics addressed in this 2015 update will be relevant to you.
This session meets the annual requirement to maintain skills identified in 29 CFR 1614 and EEOC MD-110.
- Recent EEOC guidance on complaint dismissals
- The interrelationship between Workplace Harassment and Workplace Bullying
- The New Paradigm: “Ways, not Reasons” on requests for Reasonable Accommodation
- Special Emphasis Programs under Executive Order 13583
Course Methodology: An interactive powerpoint discussion of each topic will be supplemented by case studies and analyses designed to encourage maximum participation.
About the Instructor : John Jones completed a 30 year career in Federal service, retiring as the Director of Equal Opportunity for the Bureau of Reclamation. His experience includes Regional Personnel Officer with GSA and EPA. John has a unique ability to evaluate personnel regulations in context with equal opportunity issues. John was a recipient of Interior's Meritorious Service Award for his leadership and contributions in equal employment opportunity and affirmative employment. John's experience as a senior manager in both equal opportunity and human resources provides him with a unique perspective on how these disciplines interface.
Nomination procedures: You may register for this class in one of 3 ways:
1. Call our office at 303-989-3796 and provide credit card information - no forms necessary.
2. Complete the registration form available on our website at www.rushfordtraining.com and email to email@example.com or fax to 303-985-4996
3. Complete an agency SF-182, DD-1556 or other ageny training form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 303-985-4996
NOTE: If emailing, do not include credit card info - please call the office to provide the number
Confirmation emails will be sent to the participant. Credit cards are usually charged following the class unless requested to be charged earlier. Invoicing will be done in accordance to payment type indicated on the form below or the agency training form.
Call for list of hotels close to training site
Nominations cancelled 30 days prior to class date, no charge.
Cancellations from 30 to 15 days prior to class, 50% fee charged.
Cancellations 14 days or less, full fee charged.
Registration deadline: Two weeks prior to the start of class
Substitutions accepted until the first day of class
Space is limited; Please register early Your training expenses including tuition, travel, meals and lodging are tax deductible according to Treasury Reg. 1.162-5 Coughlin vs. Commissioner, 203F 2d307.
For more information contact Rushford & Associates on 303-989-3796 or email us at email@example.com